Friday, December 29, 2006

Beginning with the end in mind

I was thinking about the post at http://appalachianinfosphere.blogspot.com/2006/12/seven-and-half-habits-mightve-been-full.html and decided to follow up. What is the end in mind for this 23 things learning opportunity? Learning the technologies is great (and I have a head start on some), but the end I see is becoming familiar enough with these technologies to either
1) Deliver improved public service
2) Add power to an internal process (and therefore deliver improved public service).

That's the end I have in mind. How about you all?

(I know you just want more parrot jokes).

4 comments:

Marcie said...

The parrot joke was cute - it made me laugh. And I agree about the improved public service. It's nice to learn these 23 things, but then what do we do with them? I'd like to be able to use them in my job...

Cat's Meow said...

Yes, it would be nice if this were going to enable us to have a wiki for staff / public interface useage - or a blog for us internally to use to do something *practical*, or something like that. Otherwise, its fun, but not worth much in the way of day to day useful.

Zoedoodle said...

There's some good just in learning. Things change so fast. You really can't sit back and say, "I'll learn it when I have the time." Everything will be different by then.

Karim Khan said...

which goes back to my origial post, I believe.